Renaissance prepares for academic rally

The theme for this upcoming rally is Pixar. Each class will decorate their side of the gym with a movie theme. Seniors: Monsters Inc. Juniors: Finding Nemo, Sophomores: Up, and Freshman: Toy story.

Courtesy of Farrah Rigo-Witt

The theme for this upcoming rally is “Pixar.” Each class will decorate their side of the gym with a movie theme. Seniors: “Monsters Inc.” Juniors: “Finding Nemo,” Sophomores: “Up,” and Freshman: “Toy story.” Courtesy of Farrah Rigo-Witt

Tatiana Arenas, News Reporter

Don Lugo’s Renaissance program will be hosting their 1st academic rally of the year. This upcoming event will honor the students with outstanding grades. The rally will take place on November 18th 2016 in Don Lugo’s gym.

Leading up to rally day, Renaissance has planned a spirit week filled with dress up days to get more students involved in school activities. The theme for the rally is Pixar. Senior, Alexis Lopez states with excitement, “This rally should be fun, it will be interesting to see what characters ASB and leadership dress up as.”

Lugo is kicking off the dress up days for spirit week on Monday with “Monsters Inc.: Be a kid day.” The rest of the days theme’s include: Tuesday: “Toy story: Howdy partner/Yee haw for school spirit,” Wednesday: “Inside out or Lion king,” Thursday: “101 Dalmatians: Hot diggity dog for good grades,” and Friday’s theme will be, “Disney Day: Join the Don Lugo club house.” Many students are looking forward to the rally for the acknowledgement of achievements and class spirit fun.