"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Sage Mejia
A picture of Sydney Sweeney’s character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film will have you on the edge of your seat wondering what’s going to happen next. The director’s choice of having Sydney Sweeney as the main character was an excellent decision, as the gut-wrenching screams that she acted out in the movie, as well as the emotion that she makes you feel, is incredible to watch.

After watching, Gonsalo Muñoz, Don Lugo senior, says “Her acting felt organic and had you feeling like you were actually in the movie experiencing it all.” The more you watch, the more you empathize and wonder how Cecilia, Sweeney’s character, is going to survive this traumatic and dangerous experience she is going to go through. The scariest thing about the movie is the fact that although it’s fiction, these things could actually happen in real life. Sasha Mejia explains her thoughts on the movie after watching and states “These religious horror movies scare me because it’s not rare to hear news about a corrupt doctor or corrupt religious leaders.”

The movie did lack in explaining a lot of what they showed though; the film repeatedly showed these red-masked people, but never explained what or who they were. The only character with actual opinions – who didn’t seem brainwashed like the other nuns – didn’t have enough screen time and I feel like after she was gone the movie lacked that sense of a “regular” person being there. Overall the movie didn’t have much substance to it, but I still enjoyed watching it.