The Leadership department of Don Lugo dominates for the 22nd time

Farrah Rigo-witt,
activites director, sends off the application form in January for the outstanding leadership program. ASB president Isaiah Ruiz claims, We deserve this award. The leadership department has grown so much! Photo use courtesy of Farrah Rigo-Witt.

Farrah Rigo-witt, activites director, sends off the application form in January for the outstanding leadership program. ASB president Isaiah Ruiz claims,” We deserve this award. The leadership department has grown so much!” Photo use courtesy of Farrah Rigo-Witt.

Tatiana Arenas, News Reporter

The Lugo leadership department has dominated the leadership award, winning every year since 1996. Earlier this week, the leadership department received notice from the California Association of Student Leaders program, (also known as CASL) congratulating the department on their accomplishment once again. The outstanding leadership program award represents the best leadership programs that provides students with the ability to grow as leaders and be held responsible for their leadership qualities at their school.

After 21 years of constantly receiving this award, activities director, Farrah Rigo-witt, comments, “I am very proud of the self study we do as leaders. We collect and show evidence of how we go above and beyond the CASL requirements.” In April, some of Lugo’s leaders will be heading to a CASL conference in San Jose to represent Don Lugo in hopes to bring back new skills to make our school an even better place.

At the Conference, one student will be recognized on stage to accept the award on behalf of Don Lugo. ASB president Isaiah Ruiz states, “I am very proud of our program. We work so hard to make Lugo a place where students can strive for success while having fun, it feels so good to accept this honor. “