"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

The+album+cover+of+J.Coles+album+Might+Delete+Later+where+the+song+7+Minute+Drill+is+featured.+
Michael Vaca
The album cover of J.Cole’s album “Might Delete Later” where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar’s diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called “Like That,” but J.Cole recently apologized after dissing Kendrick Lamar in his new song “7 Minute Drill” shortly after its release. J.Cole made the apology during a performance at the Dreamville festival in North Carolina; J. Cole stated “I was conflicted because, I know my heart and how I feel about my peers, these two that I’m blessed to even stand beside in this game and let alone chase their greatness.” Shortly after this announcement, J.Cole pulled the track off of all music streaming platforms. In addition, Drake fired back dissing at J. Cole, calling him “weak” for his actions.

J.Cole states that “the past two days [he] felt terrible” and also called Kendrick Lamar one of the “greatest” to ever get on the microphone. Jacob Orscoco, a junior at Don Lugo, said he believes that “J.Cole is weak for pulling 7 Minute Drill therefore he should have just kept the song to defend himself instead of removing off all music streaming platforms.” Eyan Orscoco, another Don Lugo junior, has another opinion though. Orscoco said “J. Cole was too nice to remove his song after this [but] mad respect to him, instead of escalating the drama he apologized. No other artist that has done that before.” Kendrick Lamar has yet to respond to J.Cole on his apology about removing “7 Minute Drill,” and listeners of both artists are still being debating on whether J.Cole should have released the track in the first place.