Dining to digital

The digital T.V. is up and in clear sight for all students to see. Linda Ferriera states “I think the T.V.’s are a wonderful idea. Once they up and running they will look great.” The T.V. has been placed, now students are waiting for the menu display sometime next week.

Tatiana Arenas, News Reporter

Don Lugo’s cafeteria is in the process of getting an upgrade, from dining to digital. This year the CVUSD granted all secondary high schools with digital T.V.’s. There will be a flat screen T.V. up and running to promote healthy nutrition.

Linda Ferriera, head of the kitchen staff, shares,”The screen will display nutritional value and menu items along with the calories of the food.” The purpose of the T.V. is to show students what they are eating. Mariana Alferez says,”I think it’s cool, better than having a piece of paper to read off of.”

Reese Rizo thinks, “It might encourage some students to eat better, since the information of the foods will be shown on there.” Knowing that the digital T.V. offers pictures of the breakfast and lunch menus excites some students. Reina Berrnal states,”Now when I’m waiting in line, I can take my time and see what food will be served each day.”