Lugo welcomes #icanhelp club

%23icanhelp+will+hold+random+acts+of+kindness+throughout+the+year+to+bring+out+awareness.+Nohemy+Alvardo+expresses%2CI+like+the+idea+of+Lugo+having+such+thoughtful+clubs+to+bring+out+a+safe+environment+for+everyone+at+school.+Meetings+will+be+in+the+ASB+office+on+Mondays+for+any+student+to+attend.+

courtesy of #icanhelp club

#icanhelp will hold random acts of kindness throughout the year to bring out awareness. Nohemy Alvardo expresses,”I like the idea of Lugo having such thoughtful clubs to bring out a safe environment for everyone at school.” Meetings will be in the ASB office on Mondays for any student to attend.

Luis Vazquez, News Reporter

The newest positivity club on Lugo’s campus is called the #icanhelp club. The club is a statewide program that develops positivity on campus and on social media. Senior, Liliana Ortega is president of the newest club that wants to lead the way by managing the the social media pages and awareness events.

“A lot of the members agreed that we mostly see negativity on social media so when the idea of the club got presented we were thrilled that we get to be the ones to change that,” states the president of the club, Liliana Ortega. How the club works on social media is if there’s a negative comment  going around, you can make it go away by commenting “@icanhelp” and they’ll help you take it down. #icanhelp programs on social media are from Facebook to Instagram and Twitter.

Throughout the school year, #icanhelp will create random acts of kindness around campus that bring awareness for the club. “We honestly do need this, I want my school to be surrounded with more positivity,” claims Alyssa Pedroza. The goal for #icanhelp this year is to create a safe and positive environment for students to feel safe and continue to enjoy their everyday lives.