Farewell, Mr. Ashby

+Mr.+Ashby+finishing+up+the+last+of+his+duties+to+Don+Lugo.+Junior%2C+Brianna+Cabrera+states%2C+We+really+are+going+to+miss+him%2C+hes+such+an+amazing+person+as+well+as+an+assistant+principal.+Photography+by%3A+Luis+Vazquez

Mr. Ashby finishing up the last of his duties to Don Lugo. Junior, Brianna Cabrera states, “We really are going to miss him, he’s such an amazing person as well as an assistant principal.” Photography by: Luis Vazquez

Luis Vazquez, Christopher Morales, Luis Lopez, and

Don Lugo Administrator, John Ashby, is preparing for his departure from being assistant principal making his last day the 24th of February. Ashby will soon become the principal at Sowers Middle School in Huntington Beach.

After joining Lugo as an assistant principal over a year and a half ago, Mr. Ashby finally has the opportunity to be a principal at a high leveled middle school, an offer he could not refuse. During his time at Lugo, he has been training to become a principal with a little help from Dr. Cabrera and Chino High’s principal, Mr. Melendez. “It’s bittersweet leaving Don Lugo because this school is literally the best high school in the district,” expresses Mr. Ashby.

Mr. Ashby hopes he has left an impact on the student body and plans on continuing to help out students in his final week. Ashby proclaims, “Lugo is the place to be, we are a high preformed school that offers a lot to students.” Although Mr. Ashby has not been here for long, his impact and morals on teaching will be remembered with staff and students.