Band Fashion

These are many of the most common band t-shirts seen on students. Many of these are classic rock bands. Some come in a baseball tee or there just oversized.

Maria Almaguer and Maria Lucero

Band t-shirts used to be a way to identify with other peers who listen to a particular music genre, but now it’s a fashion trend. It used to be a way of claiming allegiance without saying a word, a way to find other like-minded people. Many Don Lugo students have been seen wearing classic band t-shirts, but do they really listen to the classic, catchy tunes?

Band t-shirts have gotten more incorporated into people’s wardrobes in recent years and have become mainstream trends. Some students purchase the shirts simply because they see them in popular stores like Forever 21, H & M, and Pacsun, while others genuinely think it’s a nice t-shirt design. However, passionate band lovers often times tend to take it offensively when people advertise band logos for the sake of achieving a certain “look.”

“People think it’s cool to wear a band tee, but don’t even listen to the band. The most annoying thing to me is when people wear my favorite bands as if they were brands,” shared class of 2016’s Max Olascoaga.