"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Cancer Awareness Month

If we stand together we can beat cancer.

Cancer Awareness Month is celebrated nationwide during the month of October. For many reasons, a few being, bringing awareness to the disease, and awareness to people who are currently battling cancer or those who have overcome the disease. It is important to spread the word on this disease that annually kills an estimated 10 million people worldwide. As it is known cancer is a genetic disease with over 200 variations, it happens when the body cells grow uncontrollably and spreads to other parts of the body, currently to this day there is no cure. Although a scientific study from the “National Institutes of Health,” a government site which has shown that if we spread awareness we can teach people on how to prevent certain cancers, therefore saving the lives of many.

The Don Lugo Sports section has repeatedly participated and supported Cancer Awareness Month whether it’s being the football player wearing pink cleats to the girls tennis players wearing pink bows, they all have contributed in a way to show support. This participation is all self motivated to support those who are currently battling cancer, or those who have overcome it. With Miguel Soto a student at Don Lugo, and a relative of a survivor of Breast Cancer stating “ I believe that it is important that we spread awareness especially around people who are younger, because they are the future generation and can be the key to finding a cure to this disease, and I believe that including it in sports is a way for everyone to be included.” As sports is something most of the students at Don Lugo can connect on whether they are playing or watching the games, it is a way to connect with others and most importantly spread awareness on Cancer.