"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Pre-Season Girls Water Polo

Andrea Soto
During the 4th quarter, Spears has the ball and Don Lugo is on offense

The Don Lugo’s Girls Varsity Water Polo team played against Webb High School on Tuesday November 28, at Webb High School and our Don Lugo team won 20 to 9 against their team. Although this game was a scrimmage, it was still very important as any regular game would be. Scrimmage games are useful not only for practice but also to have a chance to try new techniques or plays without having to worry about the scores being written down in the books. It provides learning experience for both returning and new players. Considering the season has not even started and they did outstanding with scoring 20 of their shots out of the 29 shots attempted during this game. Though this game was a team effort there were two that stood out according to Coach Deliana Thirkettle with them being Ava Spears and Joyce Toledo. Spears is a Senior that has played for all four years and Toledo a Junior that has played for three years. With her saying after the game “the two girls that stood out the most were Joyce and Ava.” These girls set a good example not only for varsity but also JV, it proves that they deserved their spots on Varsity and as their spots as team captains. There were also two girls that were moved up from JV to Varsity for this game, Hannah Carver and Jodie Hornstra both being freshmen. Considering it being their first season they did extremely well keeping up with girls who have already been playing for a long time. With this only being their pre-season they are doing well and it is no surprise with them practicing 5 days a week from 3:30 pm to 6 pm and having morning practice Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 6 am to 7:30 am. There is no doubt that both Varsity and JV will do amazing this coming season.