"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Don Lugo 2023 Football Season

Nickolas Morales
Don Lugo wide receiver being tackled.

Don Lugo’s Football season comes to an end in the second round of CIF against Coachella Valley’s team. The Don Lugo football team definitely shocked the world and proved they will be good for the upcoming years. Don Lugo entered League with a 1-6 record and were projected to not make CIF and lose league.

The first game of league was against Chaffy High School. The game started with Lugo struggling offensively throwing 2 pick sixes in the first quarter. Quarterback Kalib Pacheco helped lead Lugo to a comeback victory with the help of star wide receiver Gavin Hrynezuk. Kalib finished the game with 363 passing yards and 6 touchdowns and Gavin had 7 receptions for a total of 110 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The next league game was against the favorites to win league West Covina. West Covina had a 10-1 record going into the game. Don Lugo was up 20-13 going into the 4th quarter. West Covina quickly got rid of our lead, but Lugo’s offence took over and with only 37 seconds left Lugo was down by 6. Kalib threw two great passes to Gavin who jumped over two defenders to bring Lugo to the red zone and Kalib threw it to Anthony Martinez to tie the game. And kicker Issac Lopez ran out on the field and drained the game winning extra point.

Lugo dominated their next game against Claremont to win league and achieve their first home win of the season.

In the first round of CIF Lugo got matched VS Santa Paula away. Lugo once started slow but Boe Canty played amazing and Lugo one there first CIF game with ease 45-31.