"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

2023 Milkcan Game

photo via isabellaphoto.s

Milkcan, the most anticipated game of the season against Chino just ended in a tough loss for Lugo. After being hyped up throughout the entire week for the big game, Lugo could not come through and take the milkcan back. This year will be the third year in a row that we have lost the milkcan to Chino, after losing it for the past two years to them.

Chino took an early lead after scoring a total of 17 points in the first quarter against Lugo, however our offense pulled through and scored 14 points during the second quarter while Chino’s offense only scored seven. Elijah Montijo, a running back for Don Lugo states, “I feel like I played pretty good, it was crazy to hear the noise of the crowd as I was running down the sidelines.”

The fans throughout the game were ecstatic on both the Chino and Lugo side. As cheer captain Brooke Graves put it, “I cheered the team on from the sidelines throwing up stunts and performing between each quarter including halftime in order to raise the crowd’s overall morale.” The cheerleaders surly did amp up the crowd 

The milkcan that Lugo and Chino play against for each year. (Brandie Altuna)

as students and spectators were getting loud and crazy throughout the game with their help. Jacson Lardapide, a senior for Don Lugo states, “I feel as though it was amped up and quite frankly there was a lot of support all around througout the crowd.” 

During the third quarter Lugo scored seven points while Chino scored 14. While the crowd was dying down on the Chino side, the Lugo side was going crazy trying to hype up the players as much as possible during the last two quarters of the game. As Andrew Hartman puts it, “I feel like there was too much excitement because the bleachers were shaking during the final two quarters and it was pretty scary to be in them during those times.” The bleachers shook even more whenever Lugo scored a touchdown giving the players even more encouragement to continue playing better and to score more touchdowns. With the last two minutes left of the third quarter the fans on both sides were becoming even more excited to see what would happen during the next quarter because it all came down to that quarter. 

Then the final quarter of the game began with Chino leading the score 38 to 21 . Lugo had one final quarter to catch up and beat Chino. With the final quarter of the game beginning Chino scored the first touchdown of the quarter. Lugo’s linebacker Christian Lieb comments, “I feel that I could’ve done more for the defense.” Lugo then scored the first touchdown of the quarter, almost catching them up to Chino, but sadly Chino came back and scored two more touchdowns before the end of the game putting them in the lead. Lugo scored the final touchdown of the game  finishing off the score with Chino in the lead 59 to 35. 

View Comments (3)