Quest News

Fortnite knows no gender; tops every other video game

Move aside Call of Duty, Fortnite is now the main game out in the world. More teenagers prefer to play Fortnite instead of going on Call of Duty to play.  Even most YouTubers choose to stream or do videos of Fortnite and not do Call of Duty.

Move aside Call of Duty, Fortnite is now the main game out in the world. More teenagers prefer to play Fortnite instead of going on Call of Duty to play. Even most YouTubers choose to stream or do videos of Fortnite and not do Call of Duty.

Photo by Public Domain

Photo by Public Domain

Joel Chavez, Tech Reporter

America’s most popular video game Fortnite has caught more teenagers attention, moving Call of Duty aside. The game Fortnite hasn’t been out for a year and yet it has more people playing on their server than on Call of Duty. Fortnite was released to the public for free on July 25, 2017, and is still free to the public.

Fortnite has made a mobile iOS so that users can download the game on their smartphones so that the users can play wherever they are. Many Don Lugo students have acknowledged the mobile iOS for Fortnite which will allow them to play anywhere in school at anything with their friends. Don Lugo Sophomore student, Nicholas Mendoza states, “I think that Fortnite is a better game than Call of Duty because you get to play with 100 hundred different people around the world and get to experiences new tactics with your friends. I also get to download the game on my phone and get to play with my friends during class but mainly during lunch.”

Before Fortnite, Call of Duty was the main game teenagers were playing. Out of 76 students, 44 students reported they play FortniteĀ on a daily basis. Call of Duty first began on Windows Microsoft and later expanded to consoles. Call of Duty is known to making a new game every year and with the recent game that came out, Call of Duty World War 2, people still choose to play Fortnite over Call of Duty.

Many professional youtube gamers have started to do videos of Fortnite instead of doing videos of Call of Duty. Famous YouTuber, Ali-A, was well known as a YouTuber that did professional gaming videos on Call of Duty but he has moved on and proceeded on making more videos of Fortnite instead. Another famous YouTuber, Tyler “Ninja” Blevins is a professional PUBG player, Halo player, and a streamer on Twitch but is currently full time streaming on Fortnite and is known as the best Fortnite player in the world.

What does Don Lugo think is a better game?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...