Shocking attendance at first gaming club; new and old gamers unite

Micheal Everman

Gaming club is meant to bring together gamers from all over the campus. The club advisor is Mr. Swift and the current president is Angel Padilla. Photo credit for photography: Micheal Everman

Micheal Everman, Tech Editor

Don Lugo has accepted the recent addition of an exciting all new Gaming Club. The club was created to bring together students with an interest in video games of all genres and consoles. The club meets in room 71 at lunch on every Thursday.

The number of students exceeded the expectations of the creators of the club and the adviser. The club adviser, Mr. Swift, stated, “There were a lot more students than I thought, I was kinda overwhelmed.” There was a total of 41 people at the first meeting, each one of them eager to play video games.

There were a lot more students than I thought, I was kinda overwhelmed

— Mr. Swift

The club did not have any video game appliances, yet there are expected to be consoles available in up-coming meetings. Mr. Swift explained, “I will start off the gaming aspect of the club by bringing in my own ‘old school Nintendo’ for the students to play with.” The students are also allowed to volunteer to have their own appliances to be used in the club.

Gaming club requires a 2.5 GPA to participate in the club and will include routine grade checks. Mr. Swift also assured to students, “Grade checks will be required because I do not want this to be the reason you are not doing your school work.” Gaming club counts as an extracurricular that can be included on student’s transcripts which are valued in applications for college while also being an enjoyable way to spend lunch.

The club is mainly at lunch yet there is a possibility that the club will be open after school on some days in the future. Mr. Swift asserts, “I believe that this club will be a good place for students to go to if they do not have a place to be at lunch.” One of the few limitations of the club is that every game has to be aproved by ASB, meaning no “Call Of Duty.”

The president will soon be replaced by another student when the club election takes place after the first six week grading period. Angel Padilla, who is also the creator of the club, is ready to give up his position as President of the Gaming Club. To qualify to take the position of president one must maintain a G.P.A of 3.0.