Big win for Quest’s 1st competition at the Regional Journalism Write-Off

The+photo+above+represents+the+lack+of+respect+millennials+have+for+their+schools.+Quest+News%2C+Editor+in+Chief%2C+Tania+Nieblas%2C+expresses%2C+It+makes+me+proud+to+see+any+of+my+reporters+succeed%2C+but+this+win+was+humbling+for+all+of+us.+Photography+is+by+Mason+Lopez.++

Mason Lopez

The photo above represents the lack of respect millennials have for their schools. Quest News’, Editor in Chief, Tania Nieblas, expresses, “It makes me proud to see any of my reporters succeed, but this win was humbling for all of us.” Photography is by Mason Lopez.

Luis Lopez, News Reporter

Quest News’ Photographer, Mason Lopez, takes 3rd place of 20 entry’s at the Regional Journalism Write-Off. He was one of 5 students from Quest News who competed Saturday, March 4th at Schurr High School. This competition was the first for Mason, putting Don Lugo Journalism on the map.

After placing, he earned himself a spot at another Write-Off on March 25th, at Rancho Dominquez Prep in Long Beach. Brandie Altuna, Sports Editor, expresses her excitement, “I am extremely stoked and proud of Mason,” later adding, “His future is bright.” Mason will also be competing at the Seattle Journalism Write-Off in April for the Photography section.

March 11th and 25th, about half of Quest News reporters are competing again for regionals. The class is preparing for their national competition in Seattle from April 6th through the 9th.