“Stranger Things” is a success

+Netflix+recently+put+out+a+new+web+series+called+Stranger+Things.+The+show+has+had+Lugo+students+by+their+throat+ever+since+it+came+out.+Season+1+was+a+success+and+it+left+students+hungry+for+more.

Public Domain photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Netflix recently put out a new web series called “Stranger Things.” The show has had Lugo students by their throat ever since it came out. Season 1 was a success and it left students hungry for more.

Mariah Marquez, A&E Editor

On July 15, 2016 Netflix released a new original series called “Stranger Things,” and majority of Lugo’s students have been raving about the show for the past month. “Stranger Things” is an American supernatural horror-science fiction web television series that takes place in November of 1983 when 12-year-old, Will Byers, vanishes mysteriously in the fictional town of Hawkins,  Indiana. The show has received great reviews from the students of Don Lugo for its characterization, acting, soundtrack, and much more.

The first season had a total of eight episodes. Lugo students seemed to have binge watched right through the entire season, which isn’t much of a surprise given that 8.2 million people were watching it within the first 16 days of it’s release. Some students were even hooked on continually watching the season every week by just one episode. “The show was well put together and I can’t wait for season 2,” expressed student Gustavo Vivian.

Many students are now eagerly awaiting the second season, which will be released early next year, and they have their theories of what the show will contain and who will make a return in the next season. Majority of all the characters on the show were very genuine and had each viewer at the edge of their seat after every episode. This is one of the first shows since Orange Is the New Black series that has left the students of Lugo wanting more.