Students Rally Together to Perform First Ever Lip Dub

Guest to the Quest, Writer

Don Lugo students rallied together during 5th period yesterday in the quad of the science buildings for their first ever lip dub. Involved in clubs, sports, and other extra curricular activities, elective students made their way to the quad with banners, posters, balloons, awards, and other Lugo spirit paraphernalia in hopes of having their face featured on the lip dub video. Inspired by large schools like SouthHills High School in Covina and Arcadia High School in Arcadia, Lugo’s new activities director, Mrs. Rigo-Witt and principal, Dr. Cabrera were eager to see if they could generate enough curiosity from students and a commitment from staff to perform the unique lip dub.

With the hopes of inspiring Lugo’s incoming 8th graders at next week’s Future Freshman Night, the lip dub begins with some ASB’s most influential leaders. Isaiah Ruiz, 17′ lead video camera’s through the hallways of the science classrooms straight into Mr. Canto’s Chemistry Honors class where viewers witness Mr. Cantos lighting something on fire. The camera rolls straight through outdoor hallways of cheering baseball players, band members, Labrador guide dog puppy trainers and on to the deck of the pool where water polo and swim team members join in.

“It felt great gathering as a Don Lugo family and sharing our love and spirit for the school through such an energy filled video!” explained senior Natalie Pabon.

The lip dub ends in the gym where Don Lugo students demonstrate their ultimate spirit from a saluting drum major, to an Ag student with a goat; it seemed all of Lugo’s unique elective students were present.

image