Disney Closes Memorable Rides For New Attraction

+New+attraction+causes+multiple+rides+and+restaurants+to+close.+Construction+for+Star+Wars+Land+began+on+January+10th.+A+Don+Lugo+Sophomore+said%2C+Im+so+sad+I+wont+be+able+to+go+to+the+petting+zoo+in+Big+Thunder+Ranch+anymore.+

New attraction causes multiple rides and restaurants to close. Construction for Star Wars Land began on January 10th. A Don Lugo Sophomore said, “I’m so sad I won’t be able to go to the petting zoo in Big Thunder Ranch anymore.”

Maria Almaguer, Reporter

After all of the excitement Star Wars brought, Disneyland Park is about to open its largest expansion, Star Wars Land.

10 memorable attractions and eateries will be closing due to construction, some temporarily and some permanently. These changes included the removal of Big Thunder Ranch and a re-routing of the famous Rivers of America. Construction started on January 10th, and the changes are now officially enforced.

Not long after the announcement of Star Wars Land, the price of annual passes raised as much as 31%. Lugo students are concerned that this anticipation will change the park along with ticket prices. A worried annual pass holder said,” I’m sad that they are removing a big part of memorable Disney rides. I’m scared Star Wars is changing everything unique about Disney.”

The construction is said to last about two years. Of course, there has not been an official date as to when Star Wars Land will open. In the meantime, Space Mountain and Star Tours in Tomorrowland will be themed like the released movie “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”