Lugo Staff Hit the Green for Student Scholarships

The Chino Valley Unified School District’s annual gold tournament was located at Los Serranos Country Club in Chino Hills. All money raised will be given out to district students of the surrounding high schools.

Maria Almaguer, News Reporter

A variety of teachers and administrative staff represented Don Lugo at CVUSD’s 7th Annual Golf Tournament in order to raise money for scholarships.

This charitable golf tournament was hosted by the district with the profits going towards many scholarships. The 28 teams competed in groups of four. These teams included people from local community businesses, the district office, law enforcements, and medical centers.  Mrs. Hill and Mrs. Bush were among the school staff teams there.

The administrative staff was fully supportive of this group of teachers. Mrs. Hill said, “I wanted to represent Lugo. I love golf, so it makes sense to spend money that combines both.” The team ended up in a respectable 4th place.

The students that will benefit from this will be those from the surrounding high schools. Some of the requirements of the scholarships include essays and students’ background information.