"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

The Last of Us: Show vs Game

Photo showing an older Ellie in the second game in black and white.
Sage Mejia

I had never cried in the first episode of a TV show until I saw The Last of Us. As I already knew the game, it was interesting to see it translated into a live action. The show did a great job of showing the actual fear and suspense I felt when playing the game. Damien Juarez, Don Lugo senior, agrees by saying “I loved the fact that they managed to capture the horror aspects of the game alongside the beauty of it.” I think that they did a really good job with the story line too and included a lot of things that really showed the in-depth relationship with everyone. Enid Dominguez says “I liked how relatable the characters were and the growing relationship between Ellie and Joel.”

The scenery of the show was spectacular, as well as the makeup for the walkers and clickers. I was scared but also interested and the more I watched the more nostalgic I felt. A lot of people hated the fact that Bella Ramsey was going to be playing Ellie, since she didn’t look like her, but I honestly think she did such an amazing job playing her character. Kevin Mejia says “I only really saw Bella Ramsey in the Game of Thrones, but she did such a good job acting for Ellie because she just had her essence of being Ellie.” The show in general was really similar to the game and I don’t have any complaints about it. Pedro Pascal also did an amazing job of playing Joel and it just felt right to see him playing the part. I loved how they also added in the DLC of the game that showed Ellie’s past experiences. The overall show was amazing and I am so excited for what’s in store for the next season and I hope to get more story in between the first and the second game of The Last of Us!