"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Celebrity Costumes: Boo or Boo!!

Andivicosplay
The signature costume of Ghostface from the movie franchise Scream.

Boo! That’s the sound someone makes when they see a bad costume or are utterly horrified at what was put on. Throughout the years, everyone looks forward to a good celebrity Halloween costume, especially from the German-Model and television host Heidi Klum. She is known as the queen of Halloween for her outrageous costumes that many look forward to seeing. This year, Klum went as a peacock and her husband Tom Kaulitz went as an egg. To me this costume was super cool and abstract, but not my favorite Halloween costume of hers. Carissa Pineda, an eleventh grade student at Don Lugo, stated “Kendall Jenner as Marilyn Monroe was my favorite Halloween costume because of how similar her hair and clothes were.” The statement that Carissa made seems to be true because of all the positive feedback seen throughout social media about Kendall’s costume. Next in line we have the up and rising TikTok influencer Alix Earle. Alix dressed up as Madonna and Jadis the White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia. Personally, I felt her Madonna costume gave more Miley Cyrus vibes and wasn’t as strong, but her Jadis costume was unmatched and fabulous!

In addition to these single costumes we can’t forget about the couples costumes. A couple’s costume that stood out to me was Taylor Launter and his wife Taylor Dome. The couple dressed up as Pete Davidson and Timothee Chalemet from a 2020 SNL skit. Their costumes were hilarious, recognizable, and unique. Carissa Pineda also said her “least favorite costume came from Justin and Hailey Bieber as the Flintstones because I just expected more from them.” This revelation also rings true because of the much criticism toward the effort they put into their costume. Another standout couple’s costume came from Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly. They went as Gogo Yubari and Uma Thurman from the movie Kill Bill and quite literally killed it! One of my personal favorites this year was Paris Hilton and her family’s costumes of Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach. Her outfit as Princess Peach was so cute and on point. Overall, each costume was unique but some were definitely stronger than others. Now we can only wait and see what next year’s Halloween has in store for us.