"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

Black Cat Safety and Halloween

Black+cat+wearing+witches+hat+surrounded+by+pumpkins.+
Getty Images
Black cat wearing witches hat surrounded by pumpkins.

Black cats are targeted each year during the Halloween season. Superstitions and myths are the main cause of the fear of black cats. The superstitious believe that black cats are a sign of bad luck and much more. Petplan states, “It was thought that black cats were the cause of bad luck, assisting witches in dark deeds, or that they were reincarnated witches in feline form. The hysteria of witches practicing black magic struck European cities during these times”. Jacson Lardapide, a student at Don Lugo describes his thoughts on the superstitions,” I know a friend who owns a black cat and they try their best to keep him indoors at all times during the month. It’s a scary time to have them wander due to the bad reputation they own.”

How can you help black cats during the Halloween season? It is best to keep cats indoors and limit their outdoor use. Max’s Corner describes why it may be unsafe for cats to be out during the holiday, “A cat out on the street at this time is not only at risk of being abducted, but also at risk of being scared and panicked by children wearing strange costumes, who may shout at your cat without meaning it real harm.” So not only are these cats affected by superstitions and myths, but they are affected by children who are trick or treating as well. The website also describes the violence these cats may face, “Unfortunately there are sadistic people who think it clever or cool to harm, torture or even kill cats, particularly “black” cats. There is no point in hyping this problem and it doesn’t happen often; however, it’s good to remind people this type of cruel treatment does exist, so they will be better prepared to keep their cats safe. ”

With all said, it is best to take precautions and keep cats indoors and safe from any violence or harm they may face during this holiday season.