"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

The student parking lot at Don Lugo High School on a normal weekday.
The Struggles of High School Drivers
Marcos Ramirez, Features Writer • April 9, 2024

Driving to school can be stressful, annoying, and tiring. Most of us have been driven to school our whole lives by our mother, father or sibling....

The ending of Kung Fu Panda 4 showing Po and the past villains he defeated.
Return of the Dragon Warrior: A review of Kung Fu Panda 4
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 4, 2024

Kung Fu Panda 4 was disappointing; The plot was extremely one-dimensional and overall just meh. It starts with Master Shifu telling Po that there...

Andrew Hartman, a student at Don Lugo watching the new Megamind sequel.
Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate
Sam Konno, News Writer • March 22, 2024

Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate (2024) is the sequel to the film, Megamind (2010) and the pilot for the television series Megamind Rules!.  According...

The Improvement for Girls Tennis

Don Lugo Tennis team supporting their team
Andrea Soto

The Don Lugo tennis team played against Montclair High School on Thursday afternoon on the Don Lugo Tennis Courts, with the game beginning at 3 pm and ending around 6 o’clock. Their game against Montclair High School was hosted by Lindsey Arambula, the coach for both the girls and boys tennis team at Don Lugo. Considering Montclair is usually a difficult school to play against with the past years being difficult games, the girls this year did very well. The top three players of this game were Alyssa Martinez and Alivia Martinez both winning three matches each and Lorena Soto winning two. 

Even though they won more games this year, it was not any easier with Soto saying “Our opponents were skilled and experienced, we tried our best and in the end we saw a lot of improvement compared to last year.” It goes to show how much work these girls have been putting in. With them practicing Monday through Thursday for over two hours each day, and playing at least one game per week, where one can play up to three matches and one match can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

With Brandon Orellana a Tennis player on the boys varsity team who usually helps the girls practice saying “I think the girls are doing really well, they are fighting hard, trying their best, and have a good spirit even in this hot weather.” And when asked who was the star player of this game he said Alyssa Martinez, a Sophomore who has been on the Varsity team since her freshman year. With him saying “she’s been working really hard, and you can just see her perseverance, with her good serves, and her back hands that are really amazing.” All in all compared to last year the girls tennis team has had much improvement.