"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

The Improvement for Girls Tennis

Don Lugo Tennis team supporting their team
Andrea Soto

The Don Lugo tennis team played against Montclair High School on Thursday afternoon on the Don Lugo Tennis Courts, with the game beginning at 3 pm and ending around 6 o’clock. Their game against Montclair High School was hosted by Lindsey Arambula, the coach for both the girls and boys tennis team at Don Lugo. Considering Montclair is usually a difficult school to play against with the past years being difficult games, the girls this year did very well. The top three players of this game were Alyssa Martinez and Alivia Martinez both winning three matches each and Lorena Soto winning two. 

Even though they won more games this year, it was not any easier with Soto saying “Our opponents were skilled and experienced, we tried our best and in the end we saw a lot of improvement compared to last year.” It goes to show how much work these girls have been putting in. With them practicing Monday through Thursday for over two hours each day, and playing at least one game per week, where one can play up to three matches and one match can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.

With Brandon Orellana a Tennis player on the boys varsity team who usually helps the girls practice saying “I think the girls are doing really well, they are fighting hard, trying their best, and have a good spirit even in this hot weather.” And when asked who was the star player of this game he said Alyssa Martinez, a Sophomore who has been on the Varsity team since her freshman year. With him saying “she’s been working really hard, and you can just see her perseverance, with her good serves, and her back hands that are really amazing.” All in all compared to last year the girls tennis team has had much improvement.