"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Don Lugos Girls Flag Football Team during a scrimmage game against Chino High School.
Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football
Dyllan Cruz, Features Writer • April 24, 2024

For the first time in Don Lugo’s history, there is a Girl’s Flag Football team! The team officially kicked off in early April with their...

A picture of Sydney Sweeneys character Cecilia dressed as the Virgin Mary.
Review: Immaculate (2024)
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 24, 2024

“Immaculate” is an artistic piece that isn’t for the weak. The movie is a horror film that goes hand in hand with religion. This film...

The album cover of J.Coles album Might Delete Later where the song 7 Minute Drill is featured.
J. Cole Apologizes After Dissing Kendrick Lamar in 7 Minute Drill
Michael Vaca, News Writer • April 18, 2024

J.Cole released a diss track following Kendrick Lamar's diss toward Drake and J. Cole in a feature song called "Like That," but J.Cole recently...

Don Lugo's Girls Flag Football

Review: Immaculate (2024)

First Football Game of the Season

isabellaphoto.s
photo via isabellaphoto.s

This Friday, the first football game of the season started off with a fall sports rally to hype up the team before their upcoming fall season. The Don Lugo football team started off their season with a disappointing 3 point loss on their home field to El Rancho. 

The loss didn’t come without a fight with quarterback Kalib Pacheco throwing for 225 yards and 4 Touchdowns on 67% completion rate. Pacheo states , “My personal goal is to make more than 20 touchdowns for the season” With his performance this Friday, he is more of a quarter done achieving that. He has plenty of time as the team has 8 more games within the season allowing him to throw 2,225 yards to complete his goal of 2,500+ yards this season.

Wide receiver Gavin Hrynezuk,  who had a standout game on Friday finished the game with 10 receptions and 109 yards. At the start of the 4th Hrynezuk completed a spectacular diving catch for a touch

photo via isabellaphoto.s (isabellaphoto.s)

down which started a comeback that unfortunately fell short. He states he has a goal to win league MVP which seems very possible following his performance on Friday.

With the addition of a whole new coaching staff this year, the team seems to have a new winning attitude. While interviewing Hrynezuk and Pacheo they both stated the coaches have incredible chemistry with each other. While looking at the stats this new change has caused major improvements for the team. Lugo attempted 8 more pass attempts than last year, completing 35% more of the passes and scoring 25 more points. The massive improvement shows that the play calling has taken a massive leap from the previous year.

Don Lugo is preparing for their game on Friday 8/25 against Los Osos. Line backer Shane Biggs is sad to miss the upcoming games against Los Osos and Hawthorne  He provided a much needed solution the the opposing run game.  

View Comments (4)