New generation of rubber duckies

Camille Encarnacion

Edwin the Duck provides kids a safe place to learn and play with original songs, stories, educational games, and more in Edwin’s interactive apps. Many Don Lugo students show special support for the product. (Picture displayed is not an actual Edwin the Duck product).

Mau Mendoza, Tech Reporter

Edwin the Duck brings “smart play” to a whole new level with its re-imagination of the classic rubber duck. The company describes Edwin as “the app-connected smart duck you and your kids will love,” as the product provides parents helpful tools for children’s education. With learning and technology becoming tightly interdependent, the so called “Smart Duck” comes with positive reviews from technology experts and members of the Don Lugo family.

Edwin, which comes in the form of a traditional rubber duck, has a night light, thermometer, and waterproof Bluetooth speaker all packed into the duck. By simply connecting one’s own Edwin to the ‘Edwin the Duck’ app, kids may enjoy the company of a highly interactive rubber duck. The physical features of Edwin allow parents to play sing-along songs, interactive stories, and hands on learning games for inquisitive kids.

Don Lugo senior, Alexis Yardley, comments on Edwin the Duck saying, “I will probably buy this toy for my mom because it is very adorable and cool with all the things it includes.” Yardley is expecting the birth of a new sibling in the next couple months, so she sees Edwin as a helpful tool for her family in the near future. Edwin the Duck is now available for purchase in most stores for a general price of $49.99.