To be unsewn

Last+years+trends+where+anything+but+ordinary+like+extreme+highlight+and+the+jean+shorts+that+are+displayed+in+the+photo+above%2C+but+there+was+something+for+everyone.+And+as+this+new+year+begins+it+is+time+to+say+good-bye+some+of+2016s+most+horrible+trends.+Don+Lugo+students+voted+on+their+least+favorite+2016+trend.+

Public Domain Photo Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons

Last years trends where anything but ordinary like extreme highlight and the jean shorts that are displayed in the photo above, but there was something for everyone. And as this new year begins it is time to say good-bye some of 2016’s most horrible trends. Don Lugo students voted on their least favorite 2016 trend.

Paola Espinosa, Reporter

Every New year calls for new set of trends, and 2016 definitely had trends that were long overdue for a goodbye. A trend is something that is hip or popular at a certain point in time. Many of the trends last year were not quite what was expected; from tattoo chokers to 1,000 dollar shoes being the most wanted thing to own, it is time to finally let go.

Keeping up with trends has become easier and easier thanks to social media, and as 2016 went by many Lugo students were able to wear or do what was trending at that point in time. With 365 days 2016 had thousands of trends, and Lugo students voted on the ones they think must be left behind as we enter this new year. In a twitter poll about beauty trends,  42% of Lugo students agree that Body Contouring must go, in a poll about shoe trends 46% of Lugo students agreed that Jelly Shoes must go, and in another twitter poll about fashion trends 39% of Lugo students agreed that Long Jean Shorts need to be left in 2016.

As this New year continues, so does the excitement of waiting to see what trends are awaiting in 2017. 2017 is said to be the year to focus on what is really important for each person, move forward, and take a whole new perspective on trends. As fashion pioneer Gianni Versace says “don’t be into trends, don’t let fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress, and the way you live”.