Flexo: the new, flexible and creative way to build

Camille Encarnacion

Kickstarter has recently funded “Flexo,” an invention much like Legos, but with a bit of a twist. Building bricks that feature flexible joints allow Flexos to bend and adhere to many shapes that classic building bricks could not. Flexo bricks open up new possibilities for creation and potentially serve as material for pseudo models and prototypes for aspiring engineers.

Camille Encarnacion, Reporter

Kickstarter is the largest funding platform company for creative projects and they have recently funded a Lego-like invention called “Flexo.”

Flexo bricks are a set of building bricks and flexible joints, which enables creators to build models with a less rigid feel. This invention may just be the additional factor needed to further improve Don Antonio Lugo’s LEAD Academy; four-year Student Engineer, Mau Mendoza regards, “I can’t express how immensely helpful Flexos would be, especially for our senior project-since we have to create multiple prototypes for a novel product; it would really help a lot.”

While the Flexo bricks and joints are owned by an independent company, they are much compatible with Lego, Diplo, and other types of building bricks. Flexo bricks and joints are now available on Kickstarter, with a price of $30 for the beginner pack. Prototypes created from the Flexo bricks and joints are available for viewing on the Flexo website; these include: a bouncing brick ball, a bow-and-arrow set and a tie.