Don Lugo swims to round two

Don+Lugo+%28dark+caps%29+swimmers+defending+their+goal+at+all+cost.+Josh+Ibarra+explained%2C++We+had+some+mental+errors+that+kept+the+other+team+in+the+game+but+we+pulled+through.+All+students+and+staff+are+cheering+on+water+polo+and+continues+to+support+the+team.+

Don Lugo (dark caps) swimmers defending their goal at all cost. Josh Ibarra explained, ” We had some mental errors that kept the other team in the game but we pulled through.” All students and staff are cheering on water polo and continues to support the team.

Johnny Palavecino, Reporter

Don Lugo water polo heads to round two of CIF after defeating Nordhoff high school, to a score of 19-13. Don Lugo treads their way to get the win. The last time Don Lugo won CIF for water polo was in 2012 and they are planning to take it all the way this year.

With an impressive amount of goals scored, Josh Ibarra single handedly scored 10 with 3 steals.  Throughout the game Josh Ibarra was determined and played aggressively. Ibarra stated,” That was the best game of my life.”

The team advances to play San Juan Hills high school today, November 10. The team has put forth optimum effort when practicing so they are more than prepared to defeat their opponent. Noah Slack gave his step by step plan on how Don Lugo will conquer San Juan Hills by saying, ” They are a very good and well developed team but we know all their strengths and weaknesses. We are going to go into the game focused and ready to play and hopefully we will bring back a win.”