“Homecoming” a night to remember

Students+Angelica+Del+Rio+Tamayo%2C+Nylsen+Escajeda%2C+and+Natalie+Camacho+take+a+minute+away+from+dancing+to+pose+for+a+picture+at+the+annual+Homecoming+Dance.+This+year+the+Homecoming+theme+was+Arabian+Nights.+All+students+who+attended+the+event+had+a+great+time%2C+especially+the+seniors.+

Photo Courtesy of Angelica Del Rio

Students Angelica Del Rio Tamayo, Nylsen Escajeda, and Natalie Camacho take a minute away from dancing to pose for a picture at the annual Homecoming Dance. This year the Homecoming theme was Arabian Nights. All students who attended the event had a great time, especially the seniors.

Mariah Marquez, A&E Editor

The Arabian Nights inspired Homecoming dance this year was a success. Many students from all grade levels attended the event and had a fantastic time. All the students who showed up were glad they attended.

The night was filled with laughs and just plain fun. However, it was apparent that the dance floor was empty for several minutes when the dance had began. It wasn’t till a few girls from Don Lugo took the floor that the dance turned into a night to remember.

There was a few complaints about the DJ and his music choices, but for the Seniors who attended the dance a lot of them had the mindset of this being their last Homecoming dance so it was important to them to have lots of fun and make memories to last a lifetime. Sabrina Perez a Don Lugo Senior said, “I’ve never had so much fun at a Lugo event.”  There is something about the students of Don Lugo that it doesn’t take much for them to have a good time because they always make the most out of what they have.

The night of Homecoming Lugo’s motto “One School One Family” remained true. There wasn’t a lot of clique dancing, it was more like all the students who attended the event were dancing together as a whole, as a Family. The first dance of the year set the bar high and many already cant wait for what Prom has in store for the students of Don Lugo.