Lugo Student for Board of Education

Lugo student gets awarded by President of Board. ” I was very honored and blessed to be asked to take on a great postion, ” expressed Carlos Ruelas. The Don Lugo junior is officially the new Student Representative of CVSUD. Photo Courtesy of CVUSD.

Natalie West, News Editor

Don Lugo Junior, Carlos Ruelas now holds the responsibility of Student Representative of the Chino Valley Unified School District. On May 19th, he met with The President of the Board, Andrew Cruz, at Woodcrest Junior High in Ontario to be appointed his position. Because Ruelas already has a leadership position as Vice President for Don Lugo ASB and has participated in various types of school activities and city-wide meetings, he decided to take on the offer of being a part of Student Advisory Council (SAC).

The organization (SAC) submits monthly reports on what our district does regarding the schools’ athletics, academics, activities, and arts. Meetings also consist of discussions involving the students and parents’ interests in improving the schools in the district as well as bettering the community. “I am very excited to be representing a district with awesome and creative kids,” states the new CVUSD Student Representative.