Coding as a language bytes interest

Teaching students coding as a language will enforce a drastic change in ability to become sharpened in action - physical and mental. According to statistics from Edutopia, “memorizing rules and vocabulary strengthens mental muscles and improves overall memory.” In hopes, students will have the chance to experience programming and coding to test their utmost abilities.

edu.stemjobs.com

Teaching students coding as a language will enforce a drastic change in ability to become sharpened in action – physical and mental. According to statistics from Edutopia, “memorizing rules and vocabulary strengthens mental muscles and improves overall memory.” In hopes, students will have the chance to experience programming and coding to test their utmost abilities.

Camille Encarnacion, Tech Reporter

Back in October of 2015, officials discussed the subject of implementing coding as a foreign language in place of the commonly taught: Spanish, French, and Chinese. Teaching coding as a language derived from the idea that it is used in basically everything technology-induced. From the creation of a company website to the apps found in mobile devices, coding is becoming a huge part of daily life.

The primary purpose of this new curriculum is meant to broaden as well as strengthen the minds of students, so that they may be capable of performing difficult tasks more efficiently. As stated by Chief Technology Officer of the United States, Todd Park, “Technology and computers are very much at the core of our economy going forward. To be prepared for the demands of the 21st century – and to take advantage of its opportunities – it is essential that more of our students today learn basic computer programming skills, no matter what field of work they want to pursue.” Edutopia.org statistics have actually shown that computer science is the highest paid career for college graduates.

This course will be effective in the following year, although sources from educadia.com state the discussion is still in motion.