"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

Student viewing the Usher halftime show
Usher's 2024 Halftime Show
Morgan Graves, News Writer • February 22, 2024

Yeah yeah yeah! That's what millions were singing during Usher's halftime performance during Super Bowl LVII. He had guest performances by Alicia...

Photo showing an older Ellie in the second game in black and white.
The Last of Us: Show vs Game
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • February 20, 2024

I had never cried in the first episode of a TV show until I saw The Last of Us. As I already knew the game, it was interesting to see it translated...

A poster from the new movie Mean Girls in the iconic pink with iconic sayings from the movie.
Analyzing Mean Girls: Broadway vs Hollywood - A Cinamatic and Theatrical Faceoff
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • February 6, 2024

I think we can all agree that Mean Girls is iconic with our favorite sayings such as "fetch" and "On Wednesday we wear pink." Mean Girls is so...

Fights Break Out Over New Limited Edition Stanley Cups

Pictured+above+is+a+student+shopping+for+the+new+Limited-edition+Stanley+cups.+
Sam Konno
Pictured above is a student shopping for the new Limited-edition Stanley cups.

New limited-edition “Valentines Day” Stanley cups are causing commotion at Targets all over the U.S.

Why are these cups so popular? Stanley’s are so popular due to their extremely good quality and color options. The Valentines Day themed cups are even more popular and in demand due to their pink and red colors. Fans are also going crazy due to the 2-per-buyer limit which may or may not be the cause of commotion.

Many videos on TikTok and even YouTube have shown examples of this craze. A video made by WFAA on YouTube shows the fuss over these cups. The video displays buyers scrambling and running for them after they were released.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XvbOeRjAIo

Diana Cuevas, a student at Don Lugo who owns a Stanley shares her opinions on the fuss, “The cup is great but I really don’t understand why customers are fighting over it”. Cuevas also continued to describe that she likes the cups color options but it’s nothing to fight over. She also mentions how customers should purchase online instead of rummaging through stores. Though this may be true, LAmag states, “Stanley’s Valentine’s Day line of Quencher tumblers sold out just minutes after they went on sale in Targets nationwide. Now, the hydration hardware is being resold on eBay for upwards of $100.” Resellers are now selling the cups for double the original price, making it even harder to purchase the cup.