"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

"Keeping Lugo Connected"

Quest News

The student parking lot at Don Lugo High School on a normal weekday.
The Struggles of High School Drivers
Marcos Ramirez, Features Writer • April 9, 2024

Driving to school can be stressful, annoying, and tiring. Most of us have been driven to school our whole lives by our mother, father or sibling....

The ending of Kung Fu Panda 4 showing Po and the past villains he defeated.
Return of the Dragon Warrior: A review of Kung Fu Panda 4
Sage Mejia, Review Writer • April 4, 2024

Kung Fu Panda 4 was disappointing; The plot was extremely one-dimensional and overall just meh. It starts with Master Shifu telling Po that there...

Andrew Hartman, a student at Don Lugo watching the new Megamind sequel.
Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate
Sam Konno, News Writer • March 22, 2024

Megamind vs The Doom Syndicate (2024) is the sequel to the film, Megamind (2010) and the pilot for the television series Megamind Rules!.  According...

Ongoing Conflict Between Israel And Palestine

Michael Barrow
14 Afghan Refugee children with an older woman.

The situation between Israel and Palestine is still ongoing, and it seems that most people still don’t know what’s happening. For starters, we have militants in Gaza, who fired thousands of rockets into Israeli towns before they broke through the border fence of Israel. Once in, Hamas gunmen killed almost 1,500 people, both civilians and soldiers. For those who don’t know who the Hamas are, the Hamas is an Islamist organization with a military wing that emerged in 1987 out of the Muslim Brotherhood, which was founded in the late 1920s in Egypt. Out of all the attacks that have been going on, these are described as “The worst massacre of the Jews since the Holocaust.” Hamas is calling the operation, “Al-Aqsa Storm”. After the attacks of October 7th, the IDF (Israel Defense Forces) informed the residents living in Gaza to evacuate their homes, but at the moment that’s not even an option. Currently nowhere is safe for anybody.

It has been said that Hamas has at least 220 hostages, some including an old grandmother, a young Israeli woman, a mother with her two children, a young boy who was tormented and bullied by Palestinian children, and a German tattoo artist whose dead body was paraded in the streets in the back of a Hamas terrorist truck. The IDF has an ongoing establishment to find the missing who were taken. Israel is doing everything they can to secure and rescue of their people.

Understandably, many may wonder what that has to do with the US. As of recent, the United States has carried out two airstrikes on locations that are tied back to Iranian militias in Syria. These strikes were followed by attacks by drones and rockets onto US forces. The strikes were reportedly ordered by President Biden, who said they were “narrowly tailored in self-defense” and stated that they were separate from the conflict happening in Gaza. Biden also stated that “Iran wants to hide its hand and deny its role in these attacks against our forces. We will not let them,” after accusing Iran of having played a part in these attacks.