Snapchat Spectacles now available for online sale in the United States

Micheal Everman

Snapchat has finally released the Snapchat Spectacles for sale online on Febuary 20th. The set price for the Spectacles are at $129.99 but there can only be 6 per household. Most of the students that own a smartphone use or have used Snapchat, and these Spectacles could be a great extension of the social media.

Micheal Everman, Tech Reporter

Snapchat has finally released their Spectacles for sale online on Febuary 20th. Snap has been setting up vending machine-like “Snapbots” randomly around the country. Originally, the movable “Snapbots” were the only way for customers to get a pair of Spectacles by purchasing from the machine.

The online price for the Spectacles is $129.99, but is limited to only 6 per household. The company pop-up shop where the Spectacles were mainly sold in New York City was closed down. Regardless of the change, Snap has promised that the mobile “Snapbots” will still appear randomly across the nation.

Snap has stated that “we want to significantly broaden the distribution of Spectacles” when they filed for an initial public offering a few weeks ago. Regardless of the income from the selling of Spectacles, the cost from shipping the “Snapbots” along with the production of the glasses has left them less desirable. Considering the amount of students that use Snapchat on a day to day basis, these Spectacles may be a great investment.