Welding makes a comeback

As+the+first+year+of+wielding+begins%2C+students+can+sign+up+for+the+class+for+the+entire+year+of+ROP.+The+class+experience+is+awesome%2C+Im+really+glad+that+I+signed+up+for+the+class+because+not+only+do+learn+how+create+stuff+but+I+learn+how+to+work+with+others%2C+expresses+Scout+Contrares.+Students+who+are+interested+in+the+program+can+go+talk+to+Mrs.+Carter+about+the+ROP+class.+

Luis Vazquez

As the first year of wielding begins, students can sign up for the class for the entire year of ROP. “The class experience is awesome, I’m really glad that I signed up for the class because not only do learn how create stuff but I learn how to work with others,” expresses Scout Contrares. Students who are interested in the program can go talk to Mrs. Carter about the ROP class.

Luis Vazquez and Luis Lopez

As a decade passes by, the welding program returns to Lugo. The welding class is now a year-long course where students get ten credits. In addition of students enrolled in the class, they also get four college units at Mt. Sac for participating in the program.

The welding program is a class where students learn the basic fundamentals of manufacturing processing and systems common to careers in welding and related industries. “Not only do the students learn how to use the equipment but also how to work as a team or with a partner,” states Welding teacher, Mrs. Carter. The students also learn how to create/form handmade metal items under hazardous conditions.

“I’m glad I joined this class because I enjoy learning and creating items that I never thought that I would create,” expressed Jennifer Banelous, 12th grade student.

Welding is also considered an ROP class, which allows students from the district or outside of the district to come to Lugo to take the welding class. Lugo students who don’t have a sixth period class and are interested in welding, are encouraged to sign up for the ROP welding class.