Engineering goes big with new CNC Machine

The CNC is on its last finishing touches. The engineering department is longing to start making objects to model. Mr. Engstrom states, “I have some students that are really excited! They already have projects in mind to start.”

Tatiana Arenas, Luis Lopez, and

CVUSD funded the engineering academy with twelve-thousand dollars to purchase a brand new CNC machine. Mr. Engstrom, head of the engineering academy, states, “The CNC machine will be used for the projects of the senior engineering students and the Makers Club.” The high-performance tech machine is a useful addition to the engineering academy.

A CNC Machine uses computer numerical control to make any type of wood cuttings. Member of the LEAD Academy, Sergio Juache, comments, “We are very excited because many of us will need such machine for the creation of our senior projects.” However, the CNC Machine will also be a helpful tool for other departments on campus who may need a wooden structure built.

The engineering program is known for having students constantly creating and modeling new ideas. With the new attraction, the engineering department will be able to make a model on a computer, put the material in, and cut it out. Mr. Engstrom states, “The Makers Club is always coming up with new things which makes it super exciting to have our own CNC Machine.”