Instagram adds ‘Insta-Shopping’

stylevitae.com

Instagram has released that there will be a shopping feature. Users will be redirected to the shop site to buy products if they cannot be sold from the app. Instagram and Snapchat is an integral part of student life, regardless of who you ask.

Micheal Everman, Tech Reporter

Instagram is testing a shopping feature as announced on November 1st to try to further the popularity of the app. Regardless of who you ask on campus, social media sites like Instagram and Snapchat have been an integral part of student life. The shopping feature will attempt to make the app easier to use and more diverse in functions.

Instagram has stated on their blog, “we want to understand how to deliver the most seamless shopping experience for customers and businesses on Instagram and ultimately mobile.” Instagram is attempting to make users be interested in making “in the moment” purchases on social media. Yet for now, the feature is only for a group of U.S. iOS users.

The stores will have to pay to show any content, instead of taking out of the initial price. The shopping tags will be next to items and will redirect to the shop if it isn’t sold directly on the app. Along with the features already implemented, Instagram is planning on adding a save feature so you can buy it later.