Anthony Miller: SoCal Prep’s Athlete of the Week Nominee

Senior, Linebacker, Anthony Miller, takes on his nomination for SoCal Preps Legend with the support of his Lugo Family.  I play for the brothers next to me and for the name on the front of the Lugo Jersey.

Mason Lopez

Senior, Linebacker, Anthony Miller, takes on his nomination for SoCal Preps Legend with the support of his Lugo Family. ” I play for the brothers next to me and for the name on the front of the Lugo Jersey.”

Brandie Altuna, Sports Editor

Don Lugo’s very own, Anthony Miller, has been nominated for Athlete of the Week through SoCal Prep Legends. Miller, a linebacker for Don Lugo Football, showcased his talent and is 1 out of 8 players being recognized for their exceptional performances on the football field in Southern California.

The announcement of his nomination immediately spread through social media and was the talk on Lugo’s campus. Administrators sent multiple emails and made the announcement through the intercom encouraging teachers and students to pull out their smartphones and vote. Miller was in second place before the announcements were made but by the end of the day racked up 15, 531 votes, in counting, sending him straight to first.

Miller’s reaction to being nominated gave him hope stating, “I saw it as a great opportunity to get my name out there… I grew up playing it and I love the idea of it, but Lugo brings me a purpose to play. The support just reassures that we really are one school one family.”

The 6 foot, 195 pound middle linebacker has completed 85 tackles and has forced 3 fumbles this season exceeding more than the national average for tackles according to MaxPreps. His dominating tactics on the field have definitely been essential for his team, who are currently in possession of first in the Mt.Baldy League.

Voting ends this Friday. Click the link below and be sure to continue voting for your fellow Conquistador!

http://socalpreplegends.com/vote-socal-prep-legends-boys-athlete-week-8/