Entrepreneurs Scholarships for Seniors

Info Graphic by: Natalie West

Don Lugo seniors now have the chance to apply for the Sixt scholarship offered to seniors nationwide. Only graduates from this year may apply to receive the scholarship. All seniors are able to win a reward of $5,000 to any preferred college or university.

Janessa Meza, News Reporter

Sixt is offering five high school graduating seniors the opportunity to receive a $5,000 scholarship and become a sixt scholar. The Don Lugo seniors now have the opportunity to apply. Seniors only have until November 30th to apply for the scholarship and to be one of the five who are chosen.

The requirements for the scholarships are to have a minimum of 3.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale, must be a graduating high school senior in the USA academic year 2016/2017, and plan to enroll in a 2 or 4 year university. Only the first 500 applicants will be accepted.

Every year, Sixt offers this scholarship to those pursuing full-time study at an accredited institution of the students choice.Dr. Cabrera comments, “I don’t know much of this scholarship but I’m hoping that the seniors who know that there is money involved will decide to apply.” Dr. Cabrera received the email for the scholarship to be announced at the school. You may apply online at www.sixt.com/sixt-scholars.