Lugo’s Drama Department gets ready for fall play

Students+gathered+around+the+cast+list+on+the+door+of+the+Drama+room.+That+evening%2C+a+sense+of+accomplishment+lingered.+I+am+very+excited+to+perform+this+absolutely+hilarious+spin+on+all+of+my+favorite+fairy+tales%2C+shared+Jessica+Applategui+who+received+a+lead+role.+

Photo Courtesy of Mariah Marquez

Students gathered around the cast list on the door of the Drama room. That evening, a sense of accomplishment lingered. “I am very excited to perform this absolutely hilarious spin on all of my favorite fairy tales,” shared Jessica Applategui who received a lead role.

Mariah Marquez, Reporter

The Don Lugo fall play, “The Brother’s Grimm Spectaculathon,” is now amongst us. There is an official cast of 26 actors. The play is a satirical parody piece made up of Intro-to-Theater students, Advanced Theater students, and even some new faces to the drama department that are ready to make this years fall play a funny one.
   Right after school on Friday, September 2nd, a trail of eager Lugo students who auditioned for the play raced to the Drama room door. On the door, there was a cast list that listed who each student had been cast as. As each student approached and left the door they couldn’t help but smile after receiving the news.
   Quest News spoke with a very pleased Ammon Parks who said, ” I didn’t even think I was going to get a role so it feels really good.” Mrs. Annette Deming, head of the drama department knows for a fact that the schools first play of the year is going to be a great one with a great cast. The cast consists of a diverse group of individuals who all have one thing in common; talent.
    There are many familiar faces on the Don Lugo campus that we can expect to find on the stage. Such as Nolan Fernandez a student that has nothing but high expectations for this years play and will be “Talking Fish” and “GOD” in the upcoming play. The cast began rehearsal Monday, September 6th, and the play will hit the stage Thursday November 3rd, through Saturday November 5th.