ITT Tech closes down

ITT Tech is one of the many  For-profit college campuses closing down. They are currently battling two law suits, one being for federal-aid sanction. Students are going to be moved to campuses nearby, and loans will be forgiven.

public domains Wikimedia Commons

ITT Tech is one of the many “For-profit” college campuses closing down. They are currently battling two law suits, one being for federal-aid sanction. Students are going to be moved to campuses nearby, and loans will be forgiven.

Micheal Everman, Tech Reporter

All ITT Tech campuses are closing due to the federal sanction of abusing government federal aid. For 54 years, ITT Technical Institute has been the go to college for technology-related degrees. Due to closing, 57,000 students will be moved to similar local campuses nearby to where the ITT campuses are based.

Currently, ITT Tech is battling two lawsuits for the “loss” of federal-aid money. The Department of Education realized that there was missing funds, when ITT started providing conflicting information. As of now, they are cracking down on all “For-profit” Universities, with ITT as the main focus. The college stopped providing and accepting applications, and refused to make any statements on the outcome.

For many students its going to be difficult to transition to new campuses nearby due to registrations being closed. Career Center Guidance Technician, Illena Hernandez, stated, “I think they should be shut down, so students could use that money to further their education.” As of now all students’ loans for current students will be forgiven in due time.