Don Lugo Football on the rise

The+teams+runs+in+for+their+first+game+of+preseason+against+Warren.+Theres+no+other+teammates+Id+rather+be+in+the+game+with%2C+claimed+Tzion+Dixon++

brandie altuna

The team’s runs in for their first game of preseason against Warren. “There’s no other teammates I’d rather be in the game with,” claimed Tzion Dixon

Brandie Altuna, Sports Editor

Don Lugo Football is moving their way up. Don Lugo, a division 8 football team, played Warren High School, a division 7 football team, who had previously been division 2, beat the Bears to a score of 18-0. This was the team’s first pre-season game that took place on their own turf.

The Bears and Conquistadores put up a good fight offensively and defensively leaving the score 0-0 in the 1st quarter, but Senior Wide Reciever, Kendale Taylor was able to reach the endzone along with Junior Running Back, Khoury Bethley, who had an 82 yard touchdown leading their team to victory.

With all of the great qualities the team is carrying this year, Captain Tzion Dixon stated, “The team has the best focus, is the most hardworking team I’ve played with, and is serious about the game we play.” He went on to say “I believe my team will be league champions this year along with going further in CIF… many people are doubting Don Lugo Football, but they(the team) seem to have high expectations and goals for themselves that they know they are going to achieve.”

The Conquistadores will be taking on the Pomona Red Devils at Pomona Highschool on September 2nd at 7pm.