“5 Lugo Alumni Safe After UCLA Shooting”

Two+dead+at+the+murder-suicide+incident+on+the+UCLA+campus.+Mass+shootings+are+becoming+an+almost-everyday+occurrence+in+the+United+States+stated+politically+involved%2C+M+Barak+Cherguia.+Photo+taken+from+L.A.+Daily+News.++

Two dead at the murder-suicide incident on the UCLA campus. “Mass shootings are becoming an almost-everyday occurrence in the United States” stated politically involved, M Barak Cherguia. Photo taken from L.A. Daily News.

Quest News Staff

Two people died at UCLA after an active shooting on the school campus early this morning. LAPD Chief, Charlie Beck, confirmed this incident as a murder-suicide. As of approximately 10:00 a.m. the school was on lock-down, securing UCLA classrooms. Confirmation from five Don Lugo Alumni gave a timeline of the occurring events and their safety via text message sent to Ms. Yu.

The shooting was located on the south side of the campus in the Boelter Hall, engineering complex office. The confirmation for safety clearing was announced at 12:30 p.m. According to a Twitter User, “[the] doors open outwards with no locks so we had to improvise our own locking mechanism.”

The UCLA school newspaper, “Daily Bruin”, mentioned that the shooter was a white male, six feet, dressed in black clothing. A law enforcement source told the media, ” police believed that a professor was shot by someone young enough to be a student, who then turned the gun on themselves.” LAPD are coming in with the SWAT team, breaking down the doors making sure everything is cleared up and whomever they come in contact with, is unarmed. As more information comes in, Quest News will keep the story updated.