Senior Prank Goes South

The Don Lugo campus was vandalized late Sunday night. One of the acts included tagging “Free Jericho” on the dance room door. Dance instructor, Mrs.Avery, was unavailable to comment.

Tania Nieblas and Aryana Nunez

What may have been a relatively harmless senior prank turned into an act of vandalism when approximately 50 students trespassed on the Don Lugo High School campus late Sunday night into early Monday morning. Chino Police Officer Ford, arrived on the scene at 1:00 a.m. in response to the call.

Administration reported, students released ducks onto the campus, moved the pool side bleachers and the snack bar into the pool, smashed windows to a district vehicle and an agricultural classroom, and painted sayings on walls and doors throughout the campus. Sources say that video surveillance shows that most of the vandalism took place on the farm. District maintenance employees were called out of their homes at 5:00 am to clean the school before students arrived. Swim coach and English teacher, Mr. Lizer, shared his thoughts about the vandalism to the pool, “It did not majorly affect our swim team because our season is over, but whoever took part in the prank is a coward!”

Don Lugo students were not the only ones who took part in the incident, in fact, further investigation may prove that a handful of non Lugo students were also allegedly involved. Before the police arrived the students managed to disappear and no arrests or other consequences have been reported. Dr. Cabrera expressed, “We put so much into these kids… this is a real slap in the face as to how we get repaid.”

As the investigation progresses, this story will be updated.