Mr. Sedey Gets a Proper Send Off

Mr.Sedey thanking everyone with a high five. “Mr.Sedey is in all our hearts and we’re sending all of our love and prayers to him,” said Brandie Altuna

Johnny Robledo, Reporter

This week Mr. Sedey, a Lugo Government teacher, announced that he would undergo yet another brain surgery. This is his 3rd operation involving a reoccurring brain tumor. Although Mr. Sedey has been struggling with cancer for four and a half years, he continues to stay as positive as he can and fight through all that comes with his condition.

Don Lugo’s students and staff came together to secretly create a proper send off send off with high hopes that he would return soon. With such short notice, ASB was able to orchestrate a tunnel of staff, students, and posters with encouraging words. This tunnel lead from his room to the student parking lot.

Mr. Sedey went into surgery the next day on April 21. The following day, Dr. Cabrera informed the Lugo family in the morning announcements that Mr. Sedey’s operation was successful and he is on the road to recovery. We will continue to provide updates on his recovery process as soon as they become available.