Lugo Fills Head Football Coach Vacancy

New+head+coach+Greg+Gano+introduced+himself+to+the+players+and+parents+on+March+22.+At+this+meeting+the+coach+spoke+of+his+background%2C+his+coaching+style%2C+and+his+expectations+for+the+upcoming+seasons.++I+really+like+his+old-fashion+style+of+coaching+said+Principal+Cabrera.++

New head coach Greg Gano introduced himself to the players and parents on March 22. At this meeting the coach spoke of his background, his coaching style, and his expectations for the upcoming seasons. “I really like his old-fashion style of coaching” said Principal Cabrera.

Ian Edwards, Reporter

Four time CIF championship winning coach Greg Gano was board approved on March 17, making him Don Lugo’s new head coach for football. Gano is best known for his head-coaching job at Los Altos High School where he won all his championships. He has also coached at high schools such as West Covina, Wilson, and Damien.

Lugo’s head coaching job was vacant after Coach Garcia and the school parted ways after two seasons. In those two seasons, the team made the playoffs both years, won the MilkCan back from rival school Chino H.S., and made it to the second round of CIF for the first time in 27 seasons. Gano expects to build and grow on these past successes.

When asked about his first impressions of Lugo, the new coach stated that he “sees something special in Lugo.” He let both the players and parents know that he sees greatness from the film that he had watched and is very excited for this opportunity. “I want one more ring” Gano said.

Gano plans on bringing a few new coaches with him to Lugo. He plans to begin his new head coach position of Don Lugo football by the end of April. With a resume like his, the program has nothing but high hopes for the upcoming seasons.