Lugo Food Policy Enforced

The food policy will now be strictly enforced due to students being late. You are not permitted to have bags of food in hand if you are late to class, nor will you be allowed to eat your meals in class. In an interview, Assistant Principal John Ashby said, “Students are habitually late to their classes and walk in with food or drink in hand. This is not advocated during instructional time in the classroom.”

Since Students are returning to school late after purchasing off campus meals, Administration is beginning to reinforce an old policy to prevent students from keeping this bad habit.

Don Lugo is re-iterating the food policy. The current food policy is now being strictly enforced and many students are not aware of exactly what the policy entails. Students who purchase off-campus meals are bringing their food into classrooms, and Administration is cracking down on them.

The food policy has been in place for years now; the only problem is that it wasn’t enforced. Students are allowed to bring food to school, packed or purchased, and are only allowed to eat it during non-instructinal time. Students arriving to school late, in the morning or during lunch, with an off campus lunch will have their food confiscated and thrown away.

Assistant Principal John Ashby, stated that “This policy is being enforced because students who are habitually late walk in to their classrooms with a McDonald’s bag in hand. We give out a lunch pass to students who have went through the process to get them. They can still eat their food. They just cannot bring their items into the classroom.”