Lugo Folklorico Dances in Community Festival

Don Lugo’s Folklorico program was featured in a community weekend festival. Seniors Louisa Alfaro and Diego Tobar, along with the program’s other members, were dressed in traditional Mexican clothing and danced to music of the culture.

Maria Almaguer, Reporter

The Don Lugo Folklorico team was featured in a local community “fiesta” from December 12-23 at the Our Lady Of Guadalupe Church in Chino.

The well known catholic church has it’s annual festival to celebrate its patron saint, the Virgin Mary. The church has its own parade that travels from 2nd Street all the way to 6th Street. During the parade, the Don Lugo team was very prideful of the tradition they carry on, which is bringing traditional Mexican and Central American dances to the community.

The team was in various performances throughout the 2 days of the festival.  The community showed their full support towards them with cheers and applause. Father Ed Gomez said, “I like to get as many performing groups from the surrounding high schools because the youth in this community are really what keep this church going.”

The team represented Lugo in a very positive way and will continue doing performances outside of campus.