Is Twitter the New Facebook?

The new Twitter update has taken the life of Twitters famous favorite icon. The notorious star has now been replaced by a heart-shaped like icon. This makes Twitter, slowly but surely, look more and more like Facebook.

The new Twitter update has taken the life of Twitter’s famous “favorite” icon. The notorious star has now been replaced by a heart-shaped “like” icon. This makes Twitter, slowly but surely, look more and more like Facebook.

Tania Nieblas, Editor

Twitter and Facebook have both been social media sources that have been constantly used by staff, students and everyone in the world. Although they had similar purposes, they each had their distinct features. However, the new Twitter updates seem to make Twitter more indistinguishable to Facebook.

Twitter was known for its famous, star-shaped “Favorite” button. This button is now long gone, being that the update has changed it to a heart-shaped “like” button, exactly like Facebook. “It’s as if a part of Twitter has died after this update,” thought several Don Lugo students around campus.

This has sparked controversy everywhere over this simple yet drastic change to the widely preffered social media source. “I absolutely hate it and Twitter needs to stop trying to be like Facebook,” shared class of 2017’s Laurene Loza.