Volleyball Heads into Season

The 2015 Don Lugo volleyball team gears up to start off the season. After an outstanding preseason performance, much is expected from this team. Hannah Hernandez says, “We all work together very well so hopefully we have a great season.”

Alexis Ibarra, Reporter

The Don Lugo Volleyball team prepares for their first league game against Alta Loma on Thursday, October 1st. With their outstanding performance in preseason matches, they are confident to do just as well in season. The team’s Defensive specialist, Hannah Hernandez, states, “I feel like we are ready to start league and hopefully gain the title of undefeated league champs.”
With the preseason record of 8-3, it seems as if the Don Lugo volleyball team is on the right track for success. According to multiple players they believe that they have a lot of talented girls this year . The team’s skills will be put to the test against their first opponent, who have a record of 9-6.
The team definitely gained confidence after being victorious against Seaquam Secondary School, from Canada, and our rivals, Chino High School. With these statistics, we’ll see if the Don Lugo volleyball team can live up to their expectations.